Sonya Stone is an on location photographer in Western North Carolina specializing in portraits of all kinds, especially children and families. You can see more of her work and find information about booking a session at her web site...www.sonyastone.com.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the shift

The time is drawing near, my oldest child, Savannah, is about to start kindergarten. I have created the ideal school experience (at least from my perspective!), a cooperative where the parents are assistant teachers, a short schedule so that we are still out living life at this fun age, and with a Waldorf influence to support her magical world. So why am I all of a sudden having butterflies?!?

This new little haircut (see previous post) has changed my baby into this little girl. This free spirit who is stretching the boundaries of her independence, now looks the part of a "kid," not a baby, not a toddler...she is reaching a milestone. God, I hope I survive it!

I have to take a picture of her with her new look. I promise, I'll do that tomorrow and report back!

No comments: